Pet Urine in carpeting affects much more than you can see. A small spot on top of the carpeting can spread down through the carpeting to the backing to affect a much larger area of the pad or underlay. If the pets Urinate in the same spot this will be even more severe than you can see. Often it can affect more than the carpeting including tack strips, skirting boards and the sub flooring of concrete or timber which can all combine to give a property a distinctive pet smell.
As the pet stain dries it evaporates leaving concentrated and pungent urine crystals.
Simple cleaning will not remove this odour.
At Ace Chemdry we use the patented Pet Urine Removal Treatment (P.U.R.T) which attacks the source of the odour beginning a chemical reaction to destroy the urine odour.
1. Whether from dog or cat urine, the source and strength of the odour will be determined.
2. The carpeting is given a rinsing extraction with Hot water to rinse as much urine crystal as possible.
3. In extreme cases, carpet will need to be pulled back in the affected areas to expose the extent of the damage.
4. If required the underlay or pad will need to be removed and replaced with new underlay.
5. It may be necessary to seal the sub floor (floor boards or concrete slab). Usually in extreme cases only.
6. P.U.R.T is now applied heavily all the affected surfaces. The chemical reaction has now started to break down the urine.
7. During the next 24-36 hours P.U.R.T will react with the Urine breaking down the odour causing components. During this period the aroma will increase while the chemical reaction takes place.
Independently Owned & Operated by Tony & Cheryl Woods